Thursday, May 14, 2009

You and I Both

"See I'm all about them words
Over numbers, unencumbered numbered words
Hundreds of pages, pages, pages forwards
More words than I had ever heard and I feel so alive"

I have used You Tube before and find it be a very useful and fun tool. It allows you to do so much (I can even use it on my phone!) and see so much. Because of all these possibilities, it was hard for me to decide which video to choose to post about. Therefore, I chose a video by one of my most favorite artists, Jason Mraz.

If you have never heard Jason Mraz before, well you should check him out. If you have heard of him, you probably only know his more popular songs, "I'm Yours" or "The Remedy". If you are like me, you have heard, and know, just about every song he has ever performed or written...yes, I am a fanatic!

With that in mind, I thought I would share this video of one of my favorite songs by him. It was released as a single and got some radio play several years ago, but it did not take off as much as "The Remedy" or "I'm Yours". What is really neat with this video, though, is that it is from a show he did in Korea. That is the beauty with You Tube and all these other Web 2.0 tools. When would we have EVER been able to see something from Korea at the touch of a button say 15-20, even 10 years ago!

It is something to think about implementing into libraries. Story hours or other special events can be filmed and posted to library website. Then, if someone was unable to make it to that event, but really wanted to go, could watch what he or she missed.

It can also be a new way to advertise or a way for library patrons to get creative about why they love their library. There are any different possibilities that can be done. The only limitations are ones imagination.

With that, enjoy this video of Jason Mraz singing "You and I Both" with an introduction of "Nobody Likes Me".

"well I'm almost finally...out of words."

No comments:

Post a Comment