Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two peas in a podcast

I think podcasts are a nice idea. It is a great way to get information out there for anyone who would want to hear or watch it. The one thing I find with myself, though, with podcasts is that I find I stop paying attention. If it is too long, I get distracted by something else and then I have no idea what happened in the podcast.

Regarding libraries, though, podcasts are an ideal tool for book reviews, events at the library or any other discussions. With working at The Library for the Blind and Handicapped, using a podcast for something like that may be very beneficial to our patrons. As long as they have Internet access, they could go to our website to hear the latest podcast book review or any other news at our library rather than wait for it to be sent home in the mail. They would be able to access the information much faster and we could get the information out faster, as well.

The wheels are turning now...!

P.S. Here is the link to my Bloglines account with my new podcast additions: The Great Read Radio Show and The Library Channel -

http://www.bloglines.com/public/Jens-Impressions

No comments:

Post a Comment