Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Everyone should play in the sand...

A sand box is a fun place to be and that is what this sand box was for me!

I just finished adding my blog to the Favorites Blog on the NJSL Technology Tapas Wiki. I have to say that I struggled with this. I am not sure what I was doing wrong, but every time I added my URL, it would not convert it to a link. I tried doing it without the brackets and then all of a sudden it worked. I am not sure why or how, but it did so I will stop asking questions.

I think the idea of Wikis is a great one. To me, it reminds me of one giant chat room where people can post whatever they want on the subject. It is a great way to stay in touch with friends and even try to organize an event. Everyone can input their ideas right to this site for all to see and then decide from there what would be best.

It is great for work as it allows multiple users to edit and add information. Like with the Technology Tapas Wiki, you can have book reviews, talk about the best (and worst) vacation destinations. You can discuss music (which I contributed to :) ) or the latest movies.

Wikis are just a great way to stay in touch and to stay current and connected. Now that I feel better about using the site (I did NOT like it AT ALL when I first tried to post simply because I couldn't figure it out!), I think it is a great tool to have and to use, either professionally or personally...or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment