Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"I wanna turn the whole thing upside down"


Another View
Originally uploaded by chaddlinpf
"And as the surface breaks reflections fade"

I have heard so much about Flickr but I have never actually used it. I am not sure why, though. I just took a look at it for the fist time and went through the Learn More tour and found it to have some very interesting features. I think part of the reason I haven't used it yet is because I use other sites for sharing photos. The sites that I use, though, seem to not have as many features as Flickr does so perhaps Flickr will be my next site to try.

I feel like I am picture junkie and I LOVE to snap photos wherever I go. In fact, I am usually the only one who has a camera with her (I even have one in my purse as I type...) and am usually responsible for sharing the pictures with everyone. Flickr may be the best way to quickly get the photos out to everyone.

While looking around Flickr, I came across this photo. When I take pictures, my favorite subject is nature. I love taking scenic shots, especially beach scenes. What I like about this picture is the angle at which it was shot. The focal point is the top right corner and I love that! Every other picture (including ones I have shot myself) usually have a main focal point of dead center. Eventually that gets boring and I love that this photographer has taken liberties as to where the focal point is. I love the texture it creates and the depth that is formed. Even the colors blend from darker to brighter. It is a different view of the "every day" ocean shot, as if it were taken while lying down on the beach.

Perhaps soon I will be able to attempt a similar photo....

"There's no stoppin' curiosity"

No comments:

Post a Comment